By Dexter Hoyos
- Offers a large survey of the Punic Wars from quite a few perspectives
- Features contributions from a very good forged of foreign students with unrivalled expertise
- Includes chapters on army and naval concepts, innovations, logistics, and Hannibal as a charismatic common and leader
- Gives balanced assurance of either Carthage and Rome
Read or Download A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Xenophon and the heritage of his instances examines Xenophon's longer old works, the Hellenica and the Anabasis. Dillery considers how a long way those texts mirror the Greek highbrow global of the fourth and 5th centuries B. C. , instead of concentrating on the conventional query of the way actual they're as histories.
The is the first quantity of Iberica-Caucasica, a brand new annual ebook dependent in Tbilisi (Georgia) and committed completely to the paintings, background and tradition of the Caucasus.
Right here, effectively awarded for the 1st time in English, is the attention-grabbing tale of a excellent tradition that flourished thirty-five hundred years in the past within the empire at the Nile: kings and conquests, gods and heroes, appealing artwork, sculpture, poetry, structure. major archeological discoveries are consistently being made in Egypt.
On the finish of his existence the emperor Augustus wrote an account of his achievements within which he reviewed his upward push to strength, his conquest of the realm and his exceptional generosity in the direction of his topics. This version offers a textual content, translation and special observation - the 1st titanic one in English for greater than 4 many years - that's compatible to be used with scholars of all degrees.
- Helden, ihre Frauen und Troja: 36 kleine Portraits (German Edition)
- Defixionum tabellae – Fluchtafeln als Bestandteil antiker Ritualpraxis (German Edition)
- Anunnaki Legacy of the Gods
- Singing for the Gods: Performances of Myth and Ritual in Archaic and Classical Greece (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Central Greece and the Politics of Power in the Fourth Century BC
- Alexander The Great
Extra resources for A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Punic Wars (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Dexter Hoyos